Sunday, November 1, 2009

Off to Kyoto!

Alright. First week of November we get to take a week off from classes. So a bunch of us dropped money on JR passes and decided to take a little vacation to the Kansai area (Kyoto, Osaka, and Nara). I have a million (figuratively) pictures from this trip. To spare myself I will probably only be posting a handful of pictures from each attraction that we visited.

Here goes.

The trip started off at Tokyo station (the old brick one that is near the palace). We got there fashionably early and so I grabbed some food from a booth near our ticket gate. Delicious Eki-ben (train station bento).

Yum.

We had reserved tickets for a shinkansen (bullet train for you lame Americans) using our JR passes (those things are pretty sweet). Shinkansen, wow. I cannot express how badly we need these things in America. Sure we have trains. But these things... these are TRAINS.

The train across the tracks.

These things go almost 200 miles per hour. I felt like I was on an airplane ON THE GROUND.

Our train pulls in.

All of the American creeps.
(especially evan... what a creep!)


The attendant lady had this awesome hat...

I had a special spot for my shoes at the ryokan!

Candiece makes some tea.

Candiece is ready for a rainy adventure!

Kenshin had battles on this riverbank.

Downtown for dinner.

Delicious.

Since our train had arrived in the evening we didn't really get a chance to see any temples or other landmarks. So thats everything for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment